Another week, working through issues at work, only this week was coupled with having bad wifi, so I wasn’t in the best of moods. It felt like a longer week than usual; I only worked four days but it was a long four days, especially since it snowed here in Pennsylvania. We might actually have a white Christmas? I’m trying not to get my hopes up but also PLEASE. Although, I’m sick of shoveling, so maybe no more snow.
Can you believe Christmas is this week? I feel like I should be doing something… but I’m just listening to ‘Evermore’ and reading the days away.
Here are the things that got me through the week:
- Bustle interviewed Dan Levy and can we all promise to never stop talking about and watching re-runs of Schitt’s Creek? Like 20 years from now, it will be revered by most like Friends is today? But seriously, hearing about all the hard work and time Levy put into the show, like I can’t even fathom, even to the point of having paralyzing anxiety. Also, if you haven’t watched Schitt’s Creek, you MUST…NOW.
- This Tik Tok artist has been drawing Christmas characters in different styles, and I’m pretty sure I could watch these all day. I love see the characters especially in the Tim Burton style. He also does other celebrities and characters, in various drawing styles but these Christmas ones are more fun, love seeing this creativity!
- I found this article very interesting, about toxic positivity and how we all diminish someone’s pain when we try to help with reverse psychology to help someone. Saying things like, ‘it’ll be okay!’, or ‘there’s always next time’, or ‘this is God’s plan’, can force a person to feel like they are unable or shouldn’t be in their pain. This is definitely something I’ve been guilty of, and will now try to be better about after reading this.
- This Ranking of ‘Evermore’ songs by how much the author wants to stare out a window on a rainy day while listening…same.
- I spent the entire week researching the Dyson Airwrap because they make your hair look incredible. Does anyone have that could give honest feedback? Trying to research before I splurge!
- I really want to make a gingerbread house from scratch, but it seems like so much work and I don’t have my Kitchen Aid mixer here in PA. I’ll just stare at this mid-century modern house, and these Schitt’s Creek houses.
- Lastly, Kristen Wiig was on SNL last night and the “Mom Got a Robe” skit was absolutely hilarious, but a good reminder that you have 4 days to get your mom something nice!!
Merry everything and happy always to all my followers, I hope you have a good and safe holiday whether celebrating alone or with family.