Apologies for my absence over the last few weeks, I don’t really have an excuse other than laziness? And my birthday was last weekend so that counts for something right? I haven’t even been up to much, just cleaning and trying to re-organize my apartment (whilst simultaneously looking for a new one and convincing my boyfriend we need to move now). I mainly want to move because we’ve been in a one bedroom, together, working from home for 12 months now, and no we haven’t killed each other, but yes I feel like I live in a tin can and have been slowly losing my mind. I dream of moving back to Ohio and getting a whole house with plenty of space for storage and litter boxes and large beds, but for now, we’re here and I’m trying to make the best of it.
Here’s what got me through my birthday week:
- The Golden Globes are tonight (fingers crossed for another Schitt’s Creek sweep)! Here’s everything you need to know.
- Girl boss of the MONTH is Whitney Wolfe Herd, the CEO and founder of Bumble, who recently became the youngest female billionaire after taking Bumble public (while holding her baby son). Talk about a boss showing the world a woman can run a company and be a mom.
- I just made these peanut butter cups from Butternut Bakery blog; they were SO easy and taste SO good. Please try ASAP if desserts are your thing, I’m already thinking about making more.
- Joe Biden has been trucking along as president, doing things he said he would, and things he said he wouldn’t. He’s also been finalizing all his cabinet picks, here’s a quick list I found helpful to keep track of everyone, just so we all know who we can hold accountable for the next four years.
- I loved this interview with Lana Condor, star of the To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before franchise. I love both Lana and her character, Lara Jean, and I loved that she touched on body image issues and a lack of asian representation in Hollywood. I personally feel like Noah Centineo gets more fame after TATBILB movies which is annoying, since Lana clearly carries the franchise on her back and he’s just….good looking.
- This week, I found out about Tis the Damn Readathon and uhm? how did I not know about this (Shawna, I’m looking at you and your wealth of Taylor related info)? I wasn’t planning on reading anything specific in March, but here we go I guess!
- Finally, I love James Corden and his carpool karaokes (who doesn’t), but I was dying after this tour bus interview with Prince Harry. I thoroughly enjoyed their conversations, that got a lot more serious than I was expecting? Though I can’t stop thinking about Harry knowing the words to the Fresh Prince song, did he really know all the words? Imagining the Queen watching American TV sends me into overdrive. Also, the obstacle course at the end that features Prince Harry’s athletic abilities (read: fit/hot body) was very enjoyable, but also how did he not get any mud on him?!? I don’t understand…
Here’s to a new week and a new month and hopefully being a wee bit less lazy!