Is anyone else sweating their brains out? Just kidding, I’m not either, I’m wrapped in a sweater in the AC, but from what I hear, it’s very insufferably hot outside in LA rn, as I assume also in most of the country. If you don’t have AC, I apologize, I really don’t understand why that isn’t like an automatic thing that’s everywhere, like in Florida. Anywho, in other news, another boring week of laying around the apartment. I have been a reading fiend, as my boyfriend has been playing more video games this week in the evenings, leaving me to read in peace in the bedroom (not saying I don’t want to spend time with him at all, just saying I get through more books during these weeks). Here’s what else got me through the week…
- The DNC took place this past week, and if you were like me and only caught some of it in real time, or watched recaps the next day, here is a guide with all the major highlights.
- For those readers out there, Malala is launching a book club later this year, like can I sign up now? I also want to read the book she recommends for millenial women…. like, adding to my list ASAP.
- I loved this piece about Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and her hoop earrings. I personally didn’t know about Latina women and the custom around hoop earrings, but I’m so happy to see a Latina woman in a place of power to be a role model for girls everywhere, especially those who can see themselves in her.
- If you wish you could make yourself a billboard for voting when you go outside, you should get some merch to spread the word! If doing so, make sure it’s voting merch that is giving back. I personally want the VOTE canvas tote with QR code, bc how convenient? But also LOVE the ‘big ballot energy’ cashmere sweatshirt for a cool $380 (YIKES catch me crafting my own on a champion sweatshirt and donating to a cause instead).
- Make this No Churn Fudge Brownie Coffee Ice Cream like right meow. Again, would mail you some, but this time, I already ate it (sorry not sorry).
- I was hit with a case of I WANT TO TRAVEL blues this week, so just drooling looking at this list of tasty European foods that I can’t have (*cries).
- As I’m trying to work through my own capsule wardrobe, I loved these Grown-Lady Shopping Rules. I especially loved the notion of ‘cost per wear,’ something I definitely need to consider more when I’m shopping.
Here’s to a hopefully cooler week for everyone!