This week, we finally journeyed back to the West Coast and I am so happy to be back. I am not happy to unpack, however. Why is unpacking the actual worst? And why don’t I have any open closet space from the things I took on my trip? I clearly need to go through my clothes and get rid of some things but that’s even more work, which is why I don’t want to start unpacking. What I really want is a bigger apartment, but LA why you so expensive, huh?
Here’s the things that got me through this (great) week:
- The Inauguration happened this week and my serotonin is back at levels I wasn’t sure would ever be possible again. I was obsessed with all the women’s outfits, especially those of Michelle Obama (that outfit literally slayed), Dr. Jill Biden, and Meena Harris. But, my favorite moment was the swearing in of VP, Kamala Harris; what her position means for women everywhere, especially women of color, I cannot even contain how incredible it was to witness that moment of history.
- Also on the topic of Inauguration, can we discuss how amazing Amanda Gorman is? That poem was incredible, her coat and accessories were incredible, I can’t wait to see more from her. I loved her Vogue interview as well, she has a sense of confidence that I cannot even fathom having when I was 22, let alone 27.
- Since COVID has started, the world has had to adjust in dozens of ways, many of which I can’t even begin to know about. I found this article about COVID compliance officers on movie sets very interesting. That job sounds incredibly difficult and stressful, I certainly don’t think I could do it.
- This week, I watched Pretend It’s a City and fell in love with Fran Lebowitz. I do feel like some of the content would have been funnier if I were living in NY and experiencing a lot of the things she discusses, but I really love her spirit, her general hate of just about anything, and hearing about her life and experiences.
- I also spent this week cackling over TikTok videos, specifically CaseyisCrazy, which turned Disney Princesses into the Real Housewives and it is so funny, I want (need) MORE. I also loved justme.rod who chronicled the drama of Olivia Rodrigo, et al. Like he just gets my FEELINGS about this situation, you know?
- After eating many, many Midwest meals (ahem, no offense), I am ready to eat healthier and cleaner. This recipe for a Kale Caesar salad with sweet potato fries caught my eye, along with these veggie enchiladas!
- Finally, perhap the greatest thing to emerge from the Internet this week, The Bernie Sanders Meme. I have died cackling at these since Wednesday, here are some of my favorites.
Have a lovely week ahead folks!