August is over this week and what happened to summer? I’m very much looking forward to the upcoming three day weekend, hoping to doing something outside of my apartment, but I feel like everywhere in LA will be packed? My week was made much better by the return of the pumpkin creme cold brew at Starbucks, because ya girl is a basic bitch who loves her pumpkin. Currently planning future pumpkin baking…
- I really don’t like overtly discussing politics publicly, BUT I feel there are things we should all be aware of. The RNC wrapped up this week and 45 accepted the Republican nomination with a speech that was jam packed with lies and inaccurate claims. To be fair, here is a fact check of the DNC as well, though the democrats didn’t flagrantly abuse national laws during their convention.
- 64 days until the election, make sure you’re registered, know your polling place, request you mail in ballot… it’s SO important and yes, your vote DOES matter.
- I am not a huge Marvel/DC/whatever person BUT I was shocked and sadden to hear about the death of Chadwick Boseman, especially since it came out of nowhere, as he kept the knowledge of his advanced cancer under wraps. Here is a list of his movies you can stream online.
- I made this One Pot Lemon, Basil, Corn and Ricotta Pasta this week and it was *chef’s kiss. The perfect summer dinner, it was basically fancy corn mac and cheese!
- Really random, but I loved this list of costume easter eggs from popular films and tv shows. I love film costumery and learning about how the costume designer is often helping to tell the story with the clothes the actors are wearing.
- Book of the Month September picks are up! I picked the book, Anxious People, but Caste and The Last Story of Mina Lee both sounded really good too. I would really recommend joining and getting a new book every month, especially if you’re a book lover like me!
- I love these tips from a clean make up artist on how to look good on zoom. I’ve embraced the no makeup look for the past 5 months and to be honest, I’m kind of missing doing my makeup? More of a creative thing, but I love the simple clean tips she gives here to look your best, especially since zoom meetings seem to be here to stay.