Hard to believe it’s the last day of January already! I know some that felt the month lasted 10 years, but I felt it went rather quickly. Tomorrow starts my birthday month (woohoo!), and even harder to believe, one month closer to it being a year since this pandemic officially started in the US. I finally get to come out of quarantine this week, after traveling back in LA, and to say I’m excited to simply go on a walk outside is an understatement.
Here’s what got me through the week:
- I spent this week watching Bling Empire, and I have thoughts. Baby G and Anna are my absolute favs, while Christine is bleh, and Andrew needs to run swiftly off a cliff. Ahem. Some of you might think that’s mean, but you *clearly* haven’t seen the show and met Andrew, aka the OG red Power Ranger. Also, Anna is fantastic and how can I be her?
- I am so happy to be back home and in my own kitchen. I baked this flourless chocolate cake today (see her beauty above), trying to bake more in this new year!
- In very important political news, now that there are dogs back in the White House, we must ask ourselves, does Joe take them out to the front lawn at 6 AM? Does Jill take them for a walk to the dog park? These are serious questions that need answered and thankfully the Washington post has done just that.
- When I wasn’t watching Bling Empire, I was researching curly hair refreshers. I found this list that highlights the pros and cons of popular products to make curls fresh and new and I think I’m going to try Ouidad? Or Davines? Anyone have tips for taking care of curls?
- Blake Lively spoke out this week about how hard it was to find clothing brands that would fit her body post-baby. I love that she spoke out about this as a woman in a position of power/celebrity. I personally haven’t had to deal with this issue, but I know a lot of women who have and I can’t imagine having to care about something trivial like that after having gone through giving birth.
- Anyone else still obsessed with Bridgerton? Just me? Fine. Since I’ve watched the show (twice) I’ve started reading the books, which follow the love lives in succession down the line of Bridgerton children. Here’s a quick recap if you’re curious. I’m reading through Anthony’s story today.
- I loved this week’s episode of the Skinny Confidential, about being more productive in 2021. I thought they gave a lot of good ideas, especially how to factor in more creative time and reduce multi-tasking to be more productive overall. I wish I could say I scheduled every part of my day, but I don’t think I’ll ever be that person, if I’m being honest?
Here’s to a happy start to a new week and a new month!