Praise the Lord for three-day weekends and snow. I am very ready to be back in LA, but I’m also enjoying January in the mid-west while I have it. A snow day is a perfect excuse to lay around and do nothing (you know, outside of a pandemic). My Dyson Airwrap finally came in so I spent a lot of time watching how to videos and taking it for a spin. Here’s what else got me through the week:
- You all know I’m utterly fascinated by Bridgerton. This week I read the first book (which of course I’ll recap in my monthly book post) and discovered this video of a Regency tailor explaining all the men’s fashion in Bridgerton, and whether or not it was historically accurate for the time. It’s SO interesting, especially since I’m a historical costume nerd. He gets a little long winded in some places, but I thoroughly enjoy how passionate he is about regency era fashion. Also, the part about the boot literally made me LOL. Patiently waiting for him to post a Bridgerton women’s fashion one…
- Also senseless things that aren’t important but I have THOUGHTS: Olivia Rodrigo (and all the drama from HSMTMTS). I bopped to ‘Driver’s License’ basically every minute of this week and was so in my feelings about it I thought I was seriously going through a break up? Even though I’m happily still in a relationship? Power of music, y’all. Also, spent too much time this week reading about the love lives of 3 teens, because what else can we do during a pandemic when you’re in isolation?
- Another story that held my interest for way too long this week– Ivanka and Jared don’t let their secret service detail use any of the 6 bathrooms in their DC home…. what? Flabbergasted on this one? Makes me think of the movie, The Help, and yes I would bet all my money that if placed back in the 1960’s, Jared and Ivanka would not let their help use an indoor bathroom, or provide anything other than an outhouse.
- I am happily out of COVID-ville, although I still complete a more than moderate workout without feeling exhausted. I guess doing more yoga wouldn’t be the worst thing for me. This is one of my favorite, Deep Stretch from Yoga with Adrienne.
- I really want to bake since I’m finally getting my taste back. I’m currently thinking about making Ina Garten’s chocolate cake. It looks and sounds heavenly. Has anyone attempted?
- Speaking of taste and smell, losing it was…weird? I found this article fascinating, about someone who has anosmia, which is the loss of smell. Like I was suffering for the 4 days when I completely lost it; now it’s somewhat back, I feel like I can taste whispers of things, if that makes sense? I can’t imagine not having it at all…
- Tomorrow is MLK Jr. day and I think we all should take 20 minutes and read MLK Jr.’s ‘Letter from a Birmingham Jail.‘ It’s a powerful reminder of of the suffering of persons of color and how not much has changed in the 58 years since he penned it.
I hope you all have a wonderful week!