The first week of 2021 was….a disaster, if you ask me. Dozens of things happened in America, including a failed coupe organized by the president, and on top of that, I think I got COVID (pending results), but 2 people in my household have it, so I think it’s safe to assume that my cough, congestion and fever aren’t random happenstance. I also think I’m coming onto the other side of it now, but I’m so ready to feel normal again. And by normal I mean not have a stuffy nose and random bouts of tiredness throughout the day. Part of me is glad I got it though, I don’t have to be a paranoid hypochondriac for the next 3 months.
Here’s what got me through the week:
- Simon Basset from Bridgerton. I binged the show this week whilst lying on the couch and damn, that man puts all of Jane Austen’s leading men to shame. Need to read the books ASAP and see if Quinn’s character is truly so suave and charming.
- Also regarding Bridgerton, you know how much I love costume design, I devoured this interview with Bridgerton costume designer, Ellen Mirojnick. I love how they continue to tell more of the story through costumes, especially in these historical pieces.
- I’m sure we’re all still shaken from the events that happened this week, I know I am. I’m also wondering when we’ll no longer have to live through these national historical moments (sometimes multiple at a time) AND be expected to keep working (#captialism). I really liked this article about coping during these hard times, especially at work. I’ve been told multiple times to limit media exposure to a certain amount of time as to not overwhelm, but haven’t been very good about it. I definitely need to try this more often in the new year.
- In some good news from this week, the democrats flipped the senate after Warnock and Ossoff won their races in Georgia. Good riddance to senate majority leader Mitch McConnell, literally no one will miss you.
- I spent a lot of time this week watching HGTV, and just home reno things in general. I went down a rabbit hole looking on AD and dwell, and fell in love with this Malibu mid century home. Really loved how the laundry and powder room are hidden off the kitchen, plus that shower is to die for.
- Anyone who knows me, knows I love a good robe. My current robe is from FabFitFun’s brand, Summer and Rose, from the Winter 2020 box. It’s SO cozy (and needs washed after I lived it in this week). I also want to buy all the robes off this list, especially the barefoot dreams robe.
- Sick with COVID? Living in the cold? Here’s a quick and easy chicken noodle soup recipe that that kept me alive this week.
I hope the second week of 2021 is better than the first. And reader, don’t forget to wash your hands and wear a damn mask.