November, here we are. Apologies for missing week 43, I was traveling again and didn’t get to post. I’m back in Los Angeles for another week before heading to Ohio and honestly? I’m excited to be back on the east coast so soon. LA is lovely, but it still doesn’t quite feel like home. This week was stressful, as every week has been increasingly so as we edge closer to the election. But we’re here, we’ve arrived, and I’ll be holding my breath as we see what the future of our nation will be. Here are some things that got me through this week…
- For those of you who voted by mail or ballot box, please check and make sure your ballot has made it and has been accepted. If you haven’t yet voted, here are resources from #NewsNotNoise to ensure you can still vote accurately and on TIME. Also, this woman was able to vote while in labor, so you really have no excuse. If you’re still undecided for whatever reason, please watch this and maybe this too. Good luck at the polls this week!
- For my fellow Californians, we are voting this election on Prop 22; please consider voting no. Uber and Lyft have spent a lot of time and money on ads encouraging you to vote yes. This is a great article on why you should vote no and how this same thing already happened in Austin, TX. I would really recommend anyone from any state read these, I can see this issue popping up across the country over the next few years.
- I made this insanely easy breakfast yesterday, Sweet Potato and Egg skillet. Would recommend for a very tasty and quick breakfast! I also added mozzarella cheese on top and it was *chef’s kiss. Next I want to add bacon chunks…
- For all the Elle Woods fan in the house, the Legally Blonde cast re-united last week and it was everything I could have hoped for and more. One of my favorite movies hands down!
- If you need another show to watch or need a new feel good, please watch Ted Lasso. This show is literally a warm hug, Ted is wonderful character that makes you forget about the nonsense happening in the world, and helps you hold onto the hope that there are still good and kind people out there. And no, you don’t have to like sports to watch it.
- Where are my fellow 90’s kids at? Remember, ‘Are You Afraid of the Dark?‘ Loved reading this piece yesterday about the creators and backstory of the show; I remember being terrified watching this show, but I do wonder how it would be to watch now. I still hate clowns thanks to Zeebo.
- Everyone should read this piece, I’m really excited for Gen Z, they really seem set on breaking barriers and societal standards. Loved reading Fairoj’s story and how she wants a degree before a ring on her finger. YES GIRL! More kick ass girls featured in this beautiful video, mic droppp.
Have a wonderful week and see you at the polls!
P.S. Just one more very important thing… I know everyone is over it, but COVID is on the rise again, please take some time to refresh yourself on how to protect yourself and others. Also, if you’re able, please get a flu shot this year, again, to protect yourself and those around you !