I’ve really be struggling this week with the news and the country and all that jazz, so trying to share happy things that got me through this week.
- It’s been a week since her death and while Republican leadership has been quick to get over her death, RBG has been on my mind all week. I found this piece she wrote for the NYT in 2016 very comforting, Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s Advice for Living.
- GBBO is back! Very curious how they’re handling COVID with the new season but I’m so happy it’s back. My favorite bake this week was the pineapple upside cakes, a dessert we made a lot in my family growing up (though ours were from a box…). Here is Paul Hollywood’s recipe!
- Loved this more personal piece about Kamala Harris, it was encouraging to hear about where she was at 28 and that she loves cooking as a stress reliever! SAME.
- Is it ethical to bring a child into this dying world? I found this article to be a really interesting perspective on a question I hadn’t much thought of. I think I found it most interesting that it was important to consider that a child would more than likely take on the kind of life its parents lived, so the core idea is that it matters more how you’re reacting to climate change and altering your lifestyle to help to Earth. Which is something we ALL need to be doing.
- AD toured Hilary Duff’s LA home, and I LOVE her kitchen. Also love her decor style throughout the house, and honestly, just love her overall.
- Yay David Yay! Schitt’s Creek swept the Emmy’s last weekend and to say I was over the moon is an understatement. So happy for all the folks from the show who won; it was well deserved for bringing a show together focused on acceptance and love, which is something we all need to focus a bit more on.
- Any musical fans out there? I recently discovered the show, Hadestown and I am OBSESSED with the soundtrack. I would love to the see the show in person, but obviously not sure when that will happen. For now, I’ll just keep rewatching the cast’s Tiny Desk Concert. “Come Home With Me” makes my heart want to burst, tbh.
Happy week ahead!