Three-day weekends are my absolute favorite. Why is that may you ask? Because you get a weekend that’s three days (duh) AND the following work week is only four days. Double whammy of joy. Not to say I did anything exciting in this three-day weekend. It’s boiling hot here again in LA. My boyfriend and have gotten up early to do things outside, only to return inside by mid-morning to hide out in the AC. I wanted to go to the beach, but with it being a holiday, I knew it would be busy. I think I’ll try to go next weekend…
- This week Selena Gomez came up with her make-up line, Rare Beauty. She discusses how the main mission was to create a community around mental health. All of the products have positive names, like Bliss and Inspire, and one percent of the proceeds go to a charity that funds mental health services in underserved communities. I’ve watched a few dozen YouTube beauty reviews of the whole line, and it seems like the liquid blush and lipstick are really great products. While I am trying to shift more to clean beauty, I do appreciate a brand that is committed to bringing mental health into the conversation (and it’s affordable).
- Remember the hot Dalgona Coffee trend that swept through Instagram and Tik Tok in early quarantine? Well it’s back and it’s pumpkin flavored *raising hands emoji* and would go so well with those pumpkin spice sugar donuts I mentioned above.
- Also in beauty news, this week Glossier invested $500,000 in 16 black owned beauty businesses. I love seeing this from a well established brand like Glossier helping out a smaller business get off the ground. More companies should follow this line of thinking. Check out the 16 brands in this link and support if you can!
- I don’t know why I’m all about beauty this week, but Tata Harper sat down with Sophia Bush on Work in Progress to discuss her farm-to-face beauty line and all of the horrible things found in make-up and skincare these days. Like I said, I’m trying to shift more into clean beauty so this episode was really interesting, definitely worth a listen!
- I think I spent an hour of my life watching all of Shuba’s TikToks this weekend, impersonating other celebrities singing “Savage” and like how does she nail every single one of them? The Celine Dion ones had me cracking up. Overall, she’s incredibly talented and you should give her a follow on TikTok.
- Here’s a list of virtual books events happening this week like SIGN ME UP MEOW. Do these happen every week? How can I get this list all the time? Buzzfeed, I need answers.
- If you’re like me and run out of things to watch on all the streaming services, you might want to check out ‘Earth to Ned‘ on Disney+. It’s a new show from Jim Henson studios, featuring an alien who hosts a late night show and interviews celebrities. It’s not like the greatest show in the world, BUT it is cute and actually kind of funny. I was forced to watch it via my boyfriend but I did enjoy it especially since I basically have watched everything else…
I hope you’re enjoying your three day weekend (if you have one) and have a lovely (short) week ahead!