Another whirlwind busy week of work and it was so nice to turn off my brain this weekend. I do feel like I’m the only one still quarantining? There were so many weddings, bachelorette parties and vacations all over my social media feeds this weekend? And no one was wearing masks in any photos? Not even in the background? Are we just done? Cool….I’m still in my apartment, making my way through Netflix and the ever growing pile of books to be read. I’ve also picked back up on the Sims, designed my dream home. But yeah, lots happening over here.
- I know I know, I should find another food blog other than Half Baked Harvest, but her recipes are SO easy and SO incredibly yummy. This week I made her Simple Blueberry Basque Cheesecake (look at that beauty above), and I’m googling how I can safely mail cheesecake to all of you . No results yet, but I’m trying. In the meantime, and I’m saying this because I care about you, make this cheesecake!!
- I love this love letter to fancy shoes, it describes my feelings exactly; I have several pairs of shoes I probably would have needed to replace by now because I used to wear them so much, and now? Well now, they’re dusty in the closet and haven’t seen the sun in months. I miss you mules, I miss you wedges, I miss you ankle booties.
- My kickass woman of the week is Betty Reid Soskin, a 98 year old PARK RANGER in CA (she started when she was 85, what EVEN). She’s also been an activist and singer, but I really loved her perspective of looking back on her life, especially hearing of her time working with the civil rights movement.
- Not sure if there are any Selling Sunset fans here (🙋🏼♀️) but I’ve been dying to know what happened with Chrisnell and Justin Hartley of This Is Us; the newest season of SS dropped on Friday and we finally learn some more of the heartbreaking story of what happened. Here’s an article summary in case you don’t watch SS (but come on, you should, at least for creeping in on million dollar LA homes).
- Not to cheat and do 2 recipes, BUT I just didn’t feel like cooking dinner this week and made this AMAZING deli salad from Chrissy Teigen. Like, so simple, easy, and delicious, we devoured it! I feel like it’s a perfect summer meal, plus you’ve seen all my baking, I could use some salads in my life.
- This week on Armchair Expert, Leslie Odom Jr. stopped by to chat about Hamilton, BLM and cancel culture. Definitely worth a listen; I especially found it SO interesting that he almost walked away from the Hamilton film because he was asking to be paid the same for the film as equivalent white Broadway stars in other shows. Like SO commendable and I hope more BIPOC stars start taking more of a stand for themselves and for the industry.
- If you are like me and still quarantining at home, it’s SHARK WEEK! I literally didn’t even know they still did this. But since no one has cable anymore and we should all be stuck inside, here’s how you can stream it online!
I hope your week is beautiful ahead; I know mine will be, my folklore album should be coming in the mail this week…