Ya’ll, I made these cookies a few weeks back and let me tell you, they are fantastic. I like to call myself a cookie connoisseur and these just blew everything out of the water. I will be making these for the rest of my life, thank you Taylor Swift. The chocolate is so rich and the salt, just ughh, you need to make these for yourself, okay?
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
340g block dark chocolate, coarsely chopped (I used chocolate chunks from a bag found in the baking aisle #lazy)
1 cup walnuts, chopped
Large flake sea salt, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
2. .In a small mixing bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and kosher salt.
3. In large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the brown sugar, granulated sugar and butter. Using an electric beater or the paddle attachment of the stand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until it they are light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and beat them into the butter and sugar mixture. Add in the vanilla as well.
4.With a rubber spatula or with the stand mixer on low, gradually add the flour mixture into the butter/sugar mixture. Mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chunks and walnuts.
5.spoon the cookie dough by 2 tablespoon-size balls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Place the cookie dough balls 5cm apart on the cookie sheet. Place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 12 to 13 minutes.
6. When the cookies come out of the oven IMMEDIATELY sprinkle each cookie with a few grains of sea salt. This is really important to do while the cookies are hot.
7. Let the cookies cool for 2 to 3 minutes and then transfer them to a cooling rack.
Leave any questions in the comments, and let me know if you make them!