Happy Thursday Reader!
If you weren’t previously aware of my state of person, I am a basic white girl. I hate to be a stereotype, but I do encompass the many qualities of a BWG. And I rock it all day every day. Here are some of my favorite qualities about my BWG self:
- I shamelessly carry my Starbucks latte around everywhere I go (PSL is baack!!!!). Goldcard members, unite!
- I own a white smartphone.
- I wear leggings as pants, on the reg. Literally, no tunics to cover my butt. I wear them as full on pants, but now that it’s fall again, I can wear them with over-sized sweaters (and riding boots… AND WITH SCARVES).
- I take too many ‘selfies.’
- I love to tell my friends how pretty they are. Then we get into fights about who is prettier, basically everyday.
- I also own TOMS and Keds.
- I wear sunglasses everyday, even when it’s not sunny, sometimes inside.
- Sephora is my favorite and, yes, I own an Urban Decay Eyeshadow Palette.
- Fall is one of my favorites because PUMPKIN. EVERYTHING. It’s just a grand old celebration of pumpkin flavored everything while wearing chunky scarves and taking pictures with falling leaves. *hearts aflutter*
- If a Taylor Swift comes on, anywhere, I will shamelessly white girl dance to it, loud off key singing included.
- Sockbuns are really great.
- I have seasonal candles all over my apartment.
- I quote Mean Girls and Bridesmaids on the reg.
- I can’t even right meow.
- Steve Madden accessories for the win.
- I need a jar of Nutella in my apartment at all times. Mostly for emergencies.
- SVU marathons define my day.
- All of my lady garments are from VS. Every. Single. One.
- I say ‘on the reg’ on the reg.
- The video below is the best thing ever.
So what is life like for a BWG? Well, I think it’s pretty awesome to be honest. I’m not going to sit here and tell you that I’m ashamed of who I am. I’m just a basic white girl trying to find her place in the world. There’s nothing wrong with that. People love to make fun of me for my love of Starbucks or my obsession with pumpkin, but those things make me happy. If at the end of the day, I’m happy, then I really don’t care what anyone else thinks. I think the key to life is finding out who you are and once you do, you embrace it and you rock it to your best abilities. If someone doesn’t like that about you, then you can straight up tell them to get out of your way while you go conquer the world.
So that’s who I honestly am. If you don’t like it, then click the ‘X’ and never come back. But know this, Reader, I hope you know who you are and that everyday you strive to be the best you that you can be. Because that matters, a lot.
P.S. Just saying, I really think that everyone has a little bit of white girl inside of them, whether they want to admit it or not. Reader, I hope you know this, and that one day you embrace you inner BWG. I’ll be waiting for you at Starbucks.